! »

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Counting Down...

Counting down the days until Matthew is home. I absolutely can't wait! We had a good conversation today until I mentioned something negative about myself and he made a new rule.

We were talking on messenger. He said, "Since we are on this subject, the same goes about talking bad about yourself."

Me: "Urgh. Baby. I am not sure I can do that. I tend to say what I think and I think those things."

Him: I don't tolerate anyone talking bad about my wife.

Me: But... I'm not sure I can NEVER say anything bad.

Him: I think a good loving spanking will help you stop feeling that way.

Well, that was an interesting conversation. He is trying so hard. I know, because hes the one bringing up dd, being consistent and working on things that are poisonous to our relationship. He went on to say, "I promise I will do my best. If I slack off or miss something I need you to tell me, with no fear of reprisal."

Makes my heart happy.

I had a great weekend for the most part. I went to two concerts with friends. I had to make a very hard decision and cut a friend from my life who was very poisonous. She used me a lot, was really mean, said hateful and hurtful things to me a lot and overall was a very bad person. She got mad at a friend of hers and took a bag of awful trash and poured it under her mattress, smeared dog poop on her pillow and put nails behind her wheels in the garage. She also told me if she gets pregnant by her husband she will abort the baby without telling him. In addition to standing me up three times last week, one time at a restaurant where I had to eat alone. Then, after rearranging my schedule and cancelling a doc appointment to go to a signing she wanted to go to, she stands me up to go to a store! When I tried talking to her she screamed at me again, so I ended up just ending the friendship. Even though its for the best it was still very hard on me and Ive had a hard day because of it. Her husband and my husband are close friends and I am so worried it will affect their friendship. Matthew told me he doesnt think it will, and if he does he doesnt need him as a friend, but it was still very difficult. I am ready for this deployment to be over. I am pretty sure after the first time she screamed at me Matthew would have been upset and we would have discussed it, instead of me letting it get this far.

6 comments:

This is She. said...

I'm sure your husband would MUCH rather have a wife that has friends who adore her and treat her the way she should be treated, rather than a friend who puts up with a wife that treats HIS wife like that..

I understand how you feel, though. Same thing happened to me (the girl wasn't the same, but the feelings I had after cutting her off were).

I'm glad you stood up for yourself. You deserve better! And yay for your man being consistent ;)

Kay said...

I'm so happy for you that he's almost home! I can't even imagine how hard that must be...

I know the not talking bad about yourself is hard. Jay has it as a rule too. At least I've learned to do it less, which is a good thing! It sounds like there's great things ahead for you both! :)

kiwigirliegirl said...

yeah am excited for you that he is coming home. You did the right thing letting go of that person. You dont need that negativity in your life and she is no friend if she can behave like that.
As for the not talking bad about yourself, please let me know how you do with it. I do it about myself all the time - not that its a rule or anything to not do it, i have no rules in fact, but i know he hates it when i slag myself off. I should stop too.

Im glad he is stepping up and being consistent - thats a great thing. Love and hugs xxx

The Marine's Wife said...

Good about getting rid of the friend bringing you down. I had my fair share of those. Hopefully you won't feel bad about it for long. It's amazing the sense of relief I felt when I realized I didn't have to worry about them anymore.

I'm super excited for you about Jay coming home, which is funny since I really don't you, but I feel like I do a little bit. Congrats on making it this far without attempting to stow away on a space a to his undisclosed location :p

The Marine's Wife said...

I'm sorry. I had Kay's comment in my head and said Jay and not Matthew. It's hard to keep names straight when we haven't met and the names aren't real anyway. I swear somedays Jake and Emily take a life of their own!

CedenoGems said...

I had to cut off a friend one time. She was like a big sister to me. She kept telling people that a coworker and I were sleeping together. I warned her, but she didnt listen. So I ended it. It was hard on me, but better in the end.

I'm sorry you have to go through that.

Glad he's home soon and stepping up. You sound better.

Kelly

Post a Comment