! »

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Bring Him Home Santa


Last Christmas I spent missing my hero, my husband as he fought in Afghanistan. Not every soldier in his unit came home alive, not all came home with all their limbs, and none of them came home exactly how they left. The memories and effects of war will linger forever. It is an event that can’t be undone. The twelve months they spent out there changed them all, little or big.

Some of the daughters and sons of our brave warriors will never have a Christmas with their daddy or mommy again. Santa can’t bring them home.

This year, like last, there are thousands of American and allied forces fighting for their lives and our freedoms over there. While I am beyond grateful to finally have a Christmas with my husband! I can’t forget those who will be spending it alone, thousands of miles from home.

So, please, keep our troops in your thoughts and prayers. A special thank you to the little ones who wait bright eyed for their parent to return stateside, and those, who will never get another Christmas on Earth in their arms. Gone but NEVER forgotten. 













Dear Santa, I need to change my Christmas list
There's one big thing I missed
You see my Daddy's working for away from here
And I know Santa, I asked for a Barbie doll
And a brand new soccer ball
But I'd trade it all, for just one gift this year...

Bring him home Santa, bring him home to mom and me
Let us wake up Christmas morning, and find him standing by our tree
You can pick him up on your way, he could ride there in your sleigh
Don't make him spend Christmas all alone
Bring him home

And Santa, here's a picture that I drew
Of him in his dress blues
Mama says our country needs him over there
And you know Santa, this whole year I've been good
And I was hopin' that would
Do all you could to answer her prayer...

Bring him home Santa, bring him home to mom and me
Let us wake up Christmas morning, and find him standing by our tree
You can pick him up on your way, he could ride there in your sleigh
Don't make him spend Christmas all alone
Bring him home

Bring him home
Bring him home
Bring him home

2 comments:

Grace said...

My thoughts and prayers go out to all our military and their families. I have many members of my family who have served or are currently serving. I'm so glad that your husband was one of the ones who returned home and I know you're so thankful to be able to spend Christmas with him. (((hugs)))

Ashley Marie said...

This almost made me cry. My husband came home from Afghanistan just in time for Christmas last year. Best Christmas present ever.

Post a Comment